Sunday, July 29, 2012

There is a site I go to often for ideas on what to cook that is low carb. I rather like this site because she does have several recipes for hamburger that I always think of Low Carb healty Hamburger Helper. I will post some of those in the future.

For today there is a recipe that everyone at my house liked and is just a baked chicken recipe and so easy to do. Here is the link: Houston Chicken

Here is the Recipe pretty much quoted from her site: Just for posterity. I hope she doesn't mind.

HOUSTON CHICKEN
1 boneless chicken breast
Salt, pepper and other seasonings, to taste
2 tablespoons Smoky Barbecue Sauce or other low carb barbecue sauce
2 slices bacon, cooked until not quite crisp
1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded

Season and grill the chicken. Place in a baking dish, then top with the barbecue sauce, bacon slices and cheese. Broil to melt the cheese. Serve at once.

Makes 1 serving
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 349 Calories; 20g Fat; 39g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

No comments: