Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kewl Products for Low Carbing!

I will admit that I have NOT used all that I will share here, and might not ever- this is due to the fact that I believe I really have to stay away from grains, and this includes some nifty things out there that are great ramp ups to finally eating really clean.

Also I will regularly post things that I find so that you can make your own determination. There are many wonderful regular foods too that I will post, like Olive Oil that you can look at.

Choices are what we should all have. Some of this might be for Tigersue or others that say "hmmm, I want to try this but I am afraid to give up etc. etc. etc.

So here we go:

Off of the Facebook group Fat Head (for that very nifty movie in answer to "SuperSize Me") a person shows these wraps made up of coconut. I would probably still just use some kind of lettuce. Lettuce is still my most available subsitute for any carb type party thing like the Nachos we had at my kids a couple of weeks ago. Lettuce for tortilla chips. Works good, but some folks just miss things at first and need a ramp up, so these might be excellent and I see good reviews of the flavor.

I confess I did have a sweet treat from a company with a great website a week ago I found because the owner of the company ENCOURAGES blood sugar testing for his products. Right there I couldn't help but like the guy. Somethings we know raise blood sugar even though they advertise as low carb. This man isn't afraid to put his products to the test. Still because I found this so delicious and want more, it's probably something I need to be careful with but their chocolate nut cluster mix is to die for, and I am assuming the chocolate frosting mix is the same. It was creamy with a lovely fudgy texture that I might get more for .. like say Christmas day.

Also of note is their liquid sweetener drops which I thought were quite good- no bitter aftertaste. What is additionally cool is they have a trial pack of many of their products so you can give them a try for yourself.

I can also recommend their pancake mix. My Hubby even felt like it might taste a bit better than his regular mix... jaw drop to the floor!

I will be getting more of their products in the future as the budget allows.

I think this is a good start. Remember when shopping 95 percent of what you should eat is usually sold in the perimeter of the store: produce, meat and cold case for dairy etc. It just makes your life so much easier!

No comments: