Monday, July 16, 2012

Cheesy eggs

With Noelie talking about a fat fast, I thought I would post one of my favorite egg recipes. Probably not something you would eat with a fat fast, but if you are looking to increase the fat in your diet, and need to cut on protein this is one that could be adaptable, but increasing egg yolk and decreasing the whites.

4 eggs
2 oz cream cheese cubed, (you could add more)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

beat eggs, add cheeses
In a pan melt butter, you may sautée up a clove of garlic. Add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally until done. Use pepper to season.

Makes 2 servings

I have added green onion and mushrooms to the mix for variety. I often will use 5 eggs for the two of us. For me alone I use 2 to 3 depending on how hungry I am in the morning. This is very rich so often 2 is plenty.

I got the Recipe from The Schwarzbein Principle and it is the only one that I make consistently. Easy, quick, and very filling.

No comments: